Thursday, October 8, 2009

Revolutionary ideas

I've written out my IG armylist about six times now. I'm tired of doing that. So. Here's a brilliant idea that I saw over on another site. I forget the name off the top of my head, but I'll update tomorrow most likely, so I'll give credit then. She basically made big trading cards with all the unit's stats and info on it, also some cute art. I'm going to try and make something similar for my Spectrum army. The idea for mine is, I'll make cards for each squad, but have each leader on a seperate card, and any squad-specific vehicles, so that way, in a binder with the plastic protecters for cards, I can just have it arranged so that its Leader > Squad > Transport. Plus, with the card thing, it should be easier to arrange the armylist if I'm using a different force instead of just piling everything on the table.

So far I've got captain Scarlet, captain Blue, and captain Grey all drawn.

I also saw some neat alternative ideas for the Imperial Guard earlier, like having the rough riders on jetskis, leman russes being powerboats with weapon upgrades.. I love the idea of having an actual Imperial Navy.

I was going to try and write up a story for Blue's squad, but I don't think it'll be forthcoming, so I'll probably post the squad with Blue's card, and the squad card tomorrow.

Feel free to steal the card idea by the way. I think it's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment