Saturday, November 14, 2009

Little update


I forgot to upload this back when the tournament was going on, I guess I misplaced it or something.

Anyway. After the generally crushing defeat, I've decided to retool my Enclave army. As it currently stands, I think it's going to end up something like this:

Hq: Chapter master

Troop 1: 10 man tactical, flamer, missile launcher, razorback
Troop 2: 10 man tactical, flamer, missile launcher, razorback
Troop 3: 10 man tactical, flamer, missile launcher, razorback
Troop 4: 10 man tactical, flamer, missile launcher, razorback
Troop 5: 10 man shotgun scouts
Troop 6: 10 man sniper scouts, Telion, missile launcher

Fast Attack 1: Land speeder typoon
Fast Attack 2: Maybe bikes with flamers
Fast Attack 3: Maybe more bikes with flamers

Elites 1: 5 Tactical terminators with heavy flamer
Elites 2: Dreadnaught with two twin linked autocannons
Elites 3: Maybe an ironclad or assault terminators with super sledges..

Heavy support 1: Predator with lazcannon sponsons, twin linked lazcannon turret
Heavy support 2: Thunderfire cannon maybe
Heavy support 3: Vindicator maybe

This is still up in the air, but we'll see how it goes.

And now, a modelling question for you all; how would one go about attaching a skyshield defense platform to something? And what would you suggest I attach it to? I have plans to make my Enclave base look really cool, but I need it to be based on something.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean a base for stability? If so I wouldn't bother as it would be more easily transplantable to different bases without.

    If you're looking for a scenic option I'd put it on some fibreboard and give it texture with plaster (so it's not totally flat, and you can blend in the legs so it appears built into the ground) gluing the platform down with epoxy.

    If you're looking to add some more structure to it for a city/industrial feel the Cities of Death kits can be worked up to makes some ajoining buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epoxy huh? I'll have to look into that. And the base is entirely scenery, I never get to play anymore, I just want my Enclave to have a really sweet looking base. It'll have working lights and everything.

    ReplyDelete