Sunday, September 27, 2009

I just found the real life Hydra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M50_Ontos

Lovely little thing.


Speaking of such things, my Imperial Guard army will have something special. Tankettes. They are basically 1-2 man tanks, roughly the size of a car. They were pretty much abandoned after WW1, but the German army still has two or three variants still in active duty. I think they are perfect for the Guard; you airdrop about 6 of them around a chimera and you have yourself a mobile field base.

I've already started building one with an LRM 18 (technically its two pods of LRM 9's) but in game I suppose I could use them as objectives, sentinels, whatever. I just need to figure out how I'm going to make the main body of the vehicle instead of just their weapon systems.

I started making something special for my next update, but my computer is being slow, so I might have to do it over by hand.. That said, if all goes as planned, in a day or two, you guys should have a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment