Friday, September 25, 2009

From the ground up (part two)

Three posts in one day? Clearly I intend to stick to this blogging idea. And then I'll forget it exists tomorrow probably.

So, having gone over the codex roughly earlier, I've decided on the basic framework of my army.

HQ 1: Platoon command, with vox, and 4 flamers. The full support staff (astropath, fleet officer, master of ordinance, 2 bodyguards) and carapace armour for all. The concept is straightforeward enough, blast something with the ordinance, then get close and crispy with the flamers.

HQ 2: Commisar lord with carapace armour. He won't really be for combat, so I didn't deck him out with anything special. The only reason I'm bothering with him is the sphere of influence he's got. Shove a commisar lord into the middle of a ratling squad and they won't budge because they are using his leadership. Naturally, that makes him a target, so he gets carapace armour. While the points can probably be put to better use elsewhere, I think that the commisars are getting the short end of the stick in this codex.

Fast Attack 1: 3 armoured sentinels; an autocannon, a lazcannon and a multilazer. If I had the parts, I'd have probably had two autocannons instead, but a multilazer was all I had left, which is fine. The lazcannon opens a transport, the autocannon will if the lazcannon doesn't, then the multilazer cuts open the squad inside. Hunter killer missiles for all.

Fast Attack 2: 3 armoured sentinels. I don't have them yet, but I'm tempted to make it be an anti armour squad with all lazcannons. HKs here too.

Fast Attack 3: Currently Rough Riders, but if I were to get a Vendetta or three I'd change it to those. RR's are hero killers, but I can't see them being used in game anytime soon.

Elites 1: Ratlings. 10 of them. I'll have them get into some cover and basically let them take out what they can.

Elites 2: 10 Stormtroopers with flamers. They'll be part of the speartip of the army.

Elites 3: 10 Stormtroopers with a plasmagun, a meltagun, and I haven't built the rest yet, so I haven't decided what other weapons they'll have.

Heavy Support 1: 3 Punishers. Hunter killer missiles, hull heavy bolters, sponson heavy bolters, pintle heavy stubbers.

Heavy Support 2: 3 Punishers. Hunter killer missiles, hull heavy bolters, sponson heavy bolters, pintle heavy stubbers.

Heavy Support 3: 3 Punishers. Hunter killer missiles, hull heavy bolters, sponson heavy bolters, pintle heavy stubbers.

Troops 1: Infantry Platoon. Command squad with vox and 4 flamers. 5 infantry squads each with a grenade launcher and vox. 5 heavy weapons squads, one with 3 mortars, one with 3 autocannons, the rest undecided. 2 special weapons squads with 3 grenade launchers each. I haven't decided if my army will have conscripts or not yet.

The other troops choices I haven't bothered listing, because even though I'll probably have those before I have my heavy support, writing it all out takes a long time, even in my synopsis version.

I didn't mention it yet, but my IG army is going to be based off of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. By the time I update this next, Captain Blue's squad should be done, so you'll get to see the first squad of this army just as the paint is drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment